Melbourne East Basketball Association recognises it's moral and legal responsibility to provide a safe and healthy work environment for employees, contractors, customers and visitors.
Values and Objectives
Melbourne East Basketball Association recognizes that safety is an integral part of our operations.
Occupational Health and Safety considerations are not to be compromised by other business objectives. The safety of our employees, contractors, customers and visitors is of the utmost importance.
Our reputation and viability depend upon our ability to manage our operations safely.
Melbourne East Basketball’s approach to safety is based upon consultation, learning and continual improvement. Our objectives are to;
- - Provide a safe workplace and safe systems of work.
- - Promote the active identification, assessment and control of workplace risk.
- - Ensure compliance with legislation, contractual requirement and current industry standards.
- - Be an industry leader in occupational health and safety
- - Provide information, instruction, training and supervision to employees, contractors and customers to ensure their safety. This includes ensuring that they understand that they must adhere to Melbourne East Basketball’s policy, procedures, safety rules and safe work methods
- - Provide a structured Injury Management and Rehabilitation program to injured employees to assist rehabilitation and return to work
- - Ensuring that all work activities are carried out by competent, suitably trained people
- - Systematically audit and continuously improve OH&S performance
Health and Safety responsibility and accountability rests with every employee.
Management is responsible for:
- - The provision and maintenance of the workplace in a safe condition for employees, contractors, customers and visitors
- - Involvement in the development, promotion and implementation of health, safety and environmental policies and procedures
- - Training employees in the safe performance of their assigned tasks
- - The provision of resources to meet the health and safety commitment
Employees are to:
- - Follow all health and safety policies and procedures
- - Report all known or observed hazards to their immediate supervisor or manager
- - Report immediately any work related injury to management
Application of the policy
This policy is applicable to all Melbourne East Basketball operations and functions including those that may take place off-site (e.g. outside venues).
Melbourne East Basketball is committed to consultation and cooperation between management and employees. Melbourne East Basketball encourages consultation with any employee that can positively affect the safety of the workplace for any employee, contractors, customers and visitors.