- 2022 TOURNAMENT REGISTRATION
11th – 13th June 2022
2022 Queen’s Birthday Tournament registrations is now open. Registrations will close 11:59pm AEST Sunday 22nd May 2022.
Victorian club contacts please accept the PlayHQ invitational link to add teams into the tournament.
Please note playing basketball in Victoria including any tournament held in Victoria players must now hold a valid Basketball Victoria License.
Interstate club contacts and independent teams or clubs not registering teams on the team’s behalf please click the link to register. Do not attempt to register players at this stage..
In order to have the Basketball Victoria License fee waived for interstate players we will provide you a discount voucher in early June and we will provide you with an individual team link for each team. Just pass the voucher and team link onto each player’s parents and they can create a PlayHQ account for themselves and self-register their child.
If an association is making a bulk entry payment on behalf of several team please contact Nunawading stadium 03 9802 6711 for details.
Entry Fee – $450 per team
For reasons other than COVID
If any team withdraws after 29日 May there is no refund.
For COVID / Border closure reasons
Currently in Victoria basketball comes under Community sport guidelines with no restrictions on player vaccination.
Should the Queen’s Birthday Tournament be cancelled or unable to run due to COVID-19 restrictions in 2022, our COVID Money Back Guarantee will ensure a refund of all payments minus the PlayHQ gateway fee of 3.6%.
Interstate Teams: If you are required to return to your home state prior to the tournament commencing due to immediate border closure, our COVID Money Back Guarantee will ensure a refund of all payments minus the PlayHQ gateway fee of 3.6%.
If you are required to return to your home state due to immediate border closure whilst the tournament is on, determination of refunds, if any will be on a case by case basis.
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We have used the following information to help you decide which division to select. Sections are subject to change depending on the number of entries. You may choose to challenge your team and request a grade outside these suggestions. These examples are just a guide. The more information we receive on entry forms, the easier the grading is to sort out. Indicate in the ‘ notes’ section of the entry if your team will be missing players for the tournament or looking for a challenge or losing every game during the season as an example.
Classic grade –- Only available for those teams who have also entered for the National Junior Classic. Please contact Nunawading stadium regarding how to enter our tournament as an alternative if a place in the Classic is not achieved –. We work very closely with the Classic organizers and will not finalize those entries until final details are received from Basketball Victoria.
– A grade – suits VC, high VJL 1, SA Div 1, NSW Div 1
– A Reserve grade – suits Lower VJL 1, SA Div 1, NSW Div 1 and Qld Div 1
– B1 grade – suits VJL 2, high VJL 3, high SA Div 2 and will be sorted into various pools depending on the amount of entries
– B2 grade – suits VJL 3, VJL 4, NSW Div 2 and SA Div 2
– B3 grade –suits VJL 5 and high VJL6 teams (formerly East 1, North 1) and will be sorted into various pools depending on the amount of entries
– C grade – will be sorted into C1,2,3 and 4 grades and various pools depending on the amount and grade of entries suits VJL 6 – 10, SA & NSW Div 3 and lower as well as lower grade domestic teams.
Under 10 –This competition is designed for players new to basketball. Suits only very young development or low skilled domestic players – not currently playing rep or very lowest grade with no wins.
如果您需要更多信息，请致电0401 156 204（最好在星期三，星期四星期五，或者在星期一和星期二的工作时间之后）致电Lyn Payet锦标赛总监或发送电子邮件 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your team has paid an entry fee for the tournament and that fee covers the cost of the stadium entry for everyone. You can bring Grandma, Grandpa or any one your want too and it will not cost you a cent for them to get in. You could help us by purchasing a raffle ticket but that’s only if you want to. It’s not compulsory.
Teams who have also entered for the Classic are invited to enter our tournament as a backstop (don’t forget to inform us in the notes if you are potentially playing in the Classic). We understand that quite often airfares and accommodation have been booked in the hope of Classic selection. For those teams who do not make it we offer a very high level competition as an alternative.
We guarantee a minimum of 5 games but most teams usually play at least 6
比赛在周六的8:00 am开始，并于每晚的10:30 pm结束。如果需要，可以在周日晚上或周一清晨开始半决赛，然后在周一进行总决赛。
我们一直在寻找可能与家人同行的裁判和州际裁判。只需给我们发送电子邮件 email@example.com 裁判主管将跟进。
I’m registering a player into the system but it’s different to what I’m used too. Is there any help?
In Victoria we are now using a system called PlayHQ. Your team organiser would have received a Player Participation Link which you must use to register into the team. Please contact the team organiser for access. Instructions on how to create a PlayHQ profile can be located here https://support.playhq.com/hc/en-au/articles/900003189223-Signing-up-to-PlayHQ .
有 600+ 团队竞争。为了做到这一点，我们需要时间。这是一个非常大的复杂过程，并不容易。请不要麻烦我们，您只会延迟其发布。我们预计将在活动开始前的周三下午5:00之前提供灯具。如果有任何早些时候，我们将与您联系，如果有任何晚些时候，我们将通知您。
When the team is registered the team organiser receives a confirmation email which contains a Player Participation link which can be forwarded to you and used to register the player to the team.
If you are the team orgainser and have lost your Player Participation link please contact us via email so we can reissue it.
Players are eligible to play in an “Under Age” grade provided they do not turn that age in 2022.
You will receive a full refund minus the PlayHQ payment gateway fee if you withdraw your team before the closing date. However if you withdraw your team after the closing date we will only return 50% of your team entry fee. If you withdraw your team from the competition after May 29 there will be no refund. When requesting a refund please be sure to send us an email with your team name, grade, your name and your bank account details so we can promptly send the money back to you.
I’m an interstate team, do my players need to pay the Basketball Victoria License fee to play?
Please note playing basketball in Victoria including any tournament held in Victoria players must now hold a valid Basketball Victoria License. This includes all interstate based players coming to play.
In order to have the Basketball Victoria License fee waived for interstate player we will provide you a discount voucher in early June and I will also provide you with an individual team link for each team. Just pass the voucher and team link onto each player’s parents and they can create a PlayHQ account for themselves and self-register their child.
- TOURNAMENT MERCHANDISE PRE-ORDER FORM
PRE-ORDERS HAVE NOW CLOSED
- ACCOMMODATION AT QUEST BURWOOD EAST
Book your accommodation for this years (and next) Queen’s Birthday Weekend with our wonderful partners at Quest Burwood East and Quest Mont Albert.
Offering a range of accommodation styles to best suit your needs.
- ABRIDGED RULES
Abridged Tournament Rules 2022
- 可以提名任意数量的球员代表特定团队的俱乐部，但是 只有十（10） 玩家 are able to play in any one game. This includes all finals games. .As per VJBL rules 未满18岁的比赛可能有十二（12）名球员 who are able to play in any one game
As per rule 13: In all minor games, a player who takes the court must be signed in if a scoresheet is used by marking ‘X in the ‘ player in ‘ column.or marked in as playing on stadium scoring.
- Players must play in at least two minor round games to qualify for Semi (if scheduled) and Grand Finals. The Tournament Committee shall in exceptional circumstances waive this condition if prior approval is applied for.
- TEAM QUALIFICATION – 竞赛委员会可以将特定比赛中的团队参与者限制为非冠军球员或获得豁免的球员。任何被选为墨尔本精英赛的球员均不得参加这些比赛，任何未经宣布的冠军球员或被拒绝球员的比赛均将被取消。
- Grand finals can be played on the Monday up to a 3.00 PM finish and no team will qualify for a
semi-final ( if held) if they are unable to play in the Grand Final. Please note you need to allow at least one & half hours prior to departure check in for any interstate flights after completion of the game and presentations.
- TIMING RULES/LADDERS:
- Two points will be given for a win, one for a loss, and none for a forfeit. Forfeit score will be 20-0.
- For minor games and lead up Finals (if held), the clock shall only stop during the last two minutes of the second half and this will be for all whistles.
- All minor games shall have two eighteen minute halves. Half time interval will be 2 minutes and time outs shall be of 1 minute duration maximum.
Two points will be given for a win, one for a loss, and zero for a forfeit.
Draws will be played out until a winner is achieved
Minor rounds – If scores are level at the end of the game, an extra 2 minutes will be played after a one minute break, to achieve a result. All fouls stand. 1 time out for each team is allowed. Clock will stop for time outs in extra time as well as all whistles in the last minute..
If the teams are still tied at the end of the extra period of play, the clock will reset and the first team to score in the next extra period shall be the winner.
- GRAND FINALS
Grand Finals, shall have two twenty minute halves and the clock will stop for all time outs. As well, during the last two minutes of the second half, the clock will stop for all whistles.
If scores are level at the end of the game, an extra 3 minutes will be played after a one minute break, to achieve a result. All fouls stand. 1 time out for each team is allowed Clock will stop for time outs in extra time as well as all whistles in the last minute.
If two teams finish on equal points then the results of the games played against each other ie. the win / loss record will decide their positions. (Head to Head) as per normal VJBL rules
Where three or more teams finish on equal points their order shall be determined by the “For and Against” percentage of the games played between the teams concerned
If two of the three teams finish on equal percentage, then the result of the games played
against each other ie. the win / loss record will decide their positions.
In a competition of 7 or more teams, where teams do not all play each other, the order will be determined by points first then overall percentage. If teams affected have played each other their order shall be determined by the “For and Against” percentage of the games played between the teams concerned. Where three or more teams finish on equal points and any have not played each other then percentage overall will be used.
SIZE 5 BALL – The size 5 ball will be used for all under 10 and 12 girls and boys teams
SIZE 6 BALL – The size 6 ball will be used for all Girls games, under 14 boys teams.
SIZE 7 BALL – The size 7 ball will be used for all under16 & 18 boys teams
- 13. In all minor games, a player who takes the court must be signed in on the scoresheet by marking ‘X in the ‘ player in ‘ column, if scoresheets are used
- All teams shall have a principal colour singlet and an alternate, both sets of colours must be described on the application form and be available for use at the tournament. The priority of use shall be that the first named (home team) in a game in the fixture shall be entitled to wear their principal singlets.
- The Tournament Disputes Committee will adjudicate all disputes. These may be reported by referees, coaches or club officials. A “Protest Form” is available from the “Tournament Operations Centre” Nunawading Stadium, and must be lodged with the “Centre” immediately.
- FIRST AID / AMBULANCE POLICY.
First Aid and/or medical treatment will be the responsibility of the individual concerned and/or the individuals parent/guardian or team supervisor. First Aid is not administered by staff at any tournament venue..
Where the request that an Ambulance is needed to take a player to hospital, the player will be responsible for any ambulance and hospital costs associated with treatment etc.
- All Stadiums used during this Tournament have a rule of “No swinging on rings or nets” and imposes an immediate ban from the stadium and immediate disqualification from all stadiums for the remainder of the Tournament.
- 接受号码00 – 99。
- SCORING 主队（1ST 命名）通常会负责安排时间，而客队则负责处理工作表。记分员可以在彼此之间解决此问题，但是如果发生争执，则将执行此规则。
- ZONE DEFENCE – UNDER 10, 12, 14 GAMES – Zone defence is discouraged in Under 10, 12 and 14 games. Teams should use ‘ man to man ‘ defence throughout the games except where shown in the Under 10 Mercy Rule.
– The Mercy Rule will apply when an Under 10 team has a 15 points lead. It is compelled to use zone defense within the three-point lines.
- 3 Point line The Under 16 & 18 Age groups shall use the extended 3 point line (6.75m). The Under 12 & 14 age groups shall use the short 3 point line (6.25m)
- REGISTER TO REFERREE
Confirmed Venues for 2022
- Aqualink Box Hill
- Casey Stadium
- Kilsyth Basketball Stadium
- Knox Basketball Stadium
- Knox School
- Donvale Indoor Sports Centre
- Mullauna College
- Mullum Mullum Stadium
- Rowville Secondary College
- The Rings
- Waverley Basketball Stadium
- CONTACT US
Contact Name: Lyn Payet
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 0401 156 204