The Melbourne East Basketball Association and the Nunawading Spectres Representative Program, wish to invite eligible athletes aspiring to play Big V – Victorian Youth Championship (U23) and/or U20 VJBL to register for the upcoming tryout schedule.
With community sport making a return to court here in Victoria, we are pleased to announce that a tryout schedule has been set – we now require interested athletes to formally register to tryout via the Play HQ portal >>> https://www.playhq.com/basketball-victoria/register/9496e1
Players looking to participate in U20 VJBL competition must be born in either 2003 or 2004.
We have a significant number of players who returned an EOI to be considered for U20 Men – we may run multiple teams.
Whilst we have plenty of female athletes that are age-eligible, we do require a greater show of hands for U20 Women – if you have registered to tryout and/or know of anyone else who may be interested, please encourage them to register.
If you played VJBL for another club/association in 2020/2021, a valid Permission to Train must be provided by your previous club/association before the first session.
Big V – Victorian Youth Championship (U23)
Players looking to participate in Big V – Victorian Youth Championship must be born in 1999 or later.
- Players can only attend, participate, and be considered for selection if they have registered via the PlayHQ portal >>> https://www.playhq.com/basketball-victoria/register/9496e1
- Players are not to arrive more than 10 minutes prior to their scheduled session – appropriate warm-up time will be factored into the session plan.
- Players will be required to check-in via the venue QR code and with a coach prior to the session starting.
- Players must wear a light/dark reversible, bring an appropriate water bottle/s
- You will be issued a number for tryouts – please ensure that this is clearly marked on the outside of each lower leg for easy identification during the session
- If for whatever reason you will be absent from a session, please inform Nunawading Spectres Representative Program Chairperson, Paul Flynn, via email; firstname.lastname@example.org
- No parents/guardians, partners, or spectators are permitted
Nunawading Spectres Registration Fees
The Nunawading Spectres Registrations Fee’s for the 2022 season will be;
- U20 VJBL – $550incl gst per player
- Big V (U23) – $880incl gst per player
- Players playing both U20 VJBL and Big V are only required to pay the higher registration amount ($880) only
- Player Sponsorship packages are offered, providing individuals an opportunity to seek sponsorship in place of registration. Should a sponsor not be secured, registration will be due prior to Round 1.
Tryout Schedule (subject to change)
|Thursday 11 November, 2021||Open Run (non-compulsory)||6:15pm-7:45pm @ Forest Hill College||8:00pm-9:30pm @ Forest Hill College|
|Tuesday 16 November, 2021||Tryout Session 01||8:00pm-9:30pm @ Forest Hill College||6:15pm-7:45pm @ Forest Hill College|
|Thursday 18 November, 2021||Tryout Session 02||Session Cancelled||Session Cancelled|
|Tuesday 23 November, 2021||Tryout Session 03||8:00pm-9:30pm @ Forest Hill College||6:15pm-7:45pm @ Forest Hill College|
|Thursday 25 November, 2021||Tryout Session 04||6:15pm-7:45pm @ Forest Hill College||8:00pm-9:30pm @ Forest Hill College|