Nunawading Basketball is home to the Melbourne East Basketball Association (MEBA) and its representative teams – the Nunawading Spectres.
One of the largest basketball association’s in Australia, Nunawading Basketball plays host to over 11,000 registered players, coaches, and officials in regular / weekly domestic competition. The Nunawading Spectres represent the MEBA at VJBL (U12-U21), Big V (U23) and NBL1 (Senior) levels.
Nunawading Basketball is seeking applications from interested and experienced coaches for the role, Nunawading Spectres, NBL1 Men’s Head Coach.
Applicants should hold a Level 2 (Association Coach) coaching accreditation or equivalent experience at elite level basketball.
Please see below for detailed information and position description.
Nunawading Spectres – NBL1 Men’s Head Coach
Nunawading Basketball – Melbourne East Basketball Association
Head Coach NBL1 Men’s Team (Nunawading Spectres)
Chair Nunawading Spectres Senior Representative Program
CEO Nunawading Basketball
Nunawading Spectres Senior Representative Program (SSP)
This is a profile role within the association and carries a responsibility to lead the senior men’s representative program.
We are seeking an influential leader with strong accountability to listen and empower. An assertive decision maker that solicits a high level of trust and commitment from others.
Strong facilitator of critical actions by all involved, to ensure the program remains nationally recognised as one of the best programs in Australia at developing athletes, coaches and support staff.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with the SSP Committee, Coaching Staff and Nunawading Basketball representatives.
- Lead the recruitment of appropriately skilled players, coaches and support staff who will contribute effectively to the program.
- Plan and lead a program that supports individual player and team development.
- Plan, schedule and conduct training; pre-season, in-season and post-season.
- Ensure the fitness level of all players is maintained at a high standard appropriate to achieving success at NBL1 level.
- Attend all team / program commitments include scheduled club functions.
- Build positive relationships with all key stakeholders that can lead to team and program success.
- Lead and develop strategies to compete successfully against other NBL1 programs.
- Contribute to the Nunawading Basketball development pathway.
- Participate in appropriate Coach Development opportunities.
- Positively represent Nunawading Basketball in all interactions with the wider basketball community and in required media appearances.
Contribution to the Nunawading Basketball Pathway:
Be an astute and engaging leader who plays an influential role contributing to our associations pathway. Share collaboratively your skills and knowledge to ensure Nunawading Basketball continues to deliver elite level players and coaches.
Expected Behaviours & Competencies:
- Effective leadership and collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Highly responsible and accountable as a program leader.
- Effective communicator with program personnel, SSP Committee, Nunawading Basketball Staff, key stakeholders as required.
- Positive and solution focused.
- Flexible and adaptable .
- Authentic care and compassion with a deep understanding of the need to support the holistic wellbeing of all contributors to the program.
- History of fast-tracking athlete’s skill development to progress to and beyond NBL1 level basketball.
- High level of technical and tactical acumen and flair.
- Astute in identifying opportunities to steer commitment to actions.
- Working with children check
- Drivers Licence
Applications comprising of a cover letter, together with your coaching resume – no more than three pages, are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5:00pm AEDT, Friday 6 November 2020.